Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Breakfast Burger






  • Chunk of beef heart diced (pictured) or 1 lamb heart diced, approx 1.5lbs ground beef, 1 sweet onion diced, couple stalks of kale diced, 4 strips of bacon diced, choice of spices.
  • Cook bacon to desired doneness (I like mine chewy).
  • Remove bacon and saute onions.  When onions are almost done add the kale.
  • Remove veggies and brown ground beef and diced hearts.  When almost done add your spices of choice.  We put a good sprinkling of turmeric, garlic powder, pepper, and paprika. About a tsp of salt. Plus a dash of cardamon. 
  • Add veggies, mix well and cook for about a minute so the juices combine.
  • Enjoy!
  • When I eat it by myself for breakfast, I divide it into 5 dishes and add a tbsp of coconut oil.  Each morning I reheat and fry up an egg in some ghee.  If hubby's eating it with me I don't  add the coconut oil until I reheat mine as hubby doesn't like it (although he loves it in his Bulletproof coffee), we split a dish each morning and eat 2 eggs each.  

No comments:

Post a Comment