Thursday, October 13, 2011

Western Style BBQ Burger Crumble


  • Thanks to my good friend James for coming up with the name for this dish :)
  • 1.4 lbs of grass fed ground beef from a local farm, 1.25 yellow onions, 1 bunch of green onions (didn't use that whole dish as that was 2 bunches), 5 strips of bacon (I'd make it 6-8 but 5 was all I had left), BBQ sauce, and an egg per serving
  • Cook bacon to desired doneness then saute the yellow onions and add the green onions when the yellow are almost done.
  • Cook the ground beef. Add some BBQ sauce.  I don't measure it so not sure how much I used. I just poor a little in and do a taste test.  I like it where there's a hint of the BBQ but not overpowered by it.
  • Dice the bacon and add it plus the onions to the ground beef.  Let simmer on low stirring occasionally while you fry your eggs then enjoy :)
  • This made 1 dinner plate for me plus 3 more servings I packed up for later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks even better than I imagined!
    I'm totally in agreement on the BBQ sauce, just a taste without overpowering the other delicious flavors.
    I'd like to try cooking the bacon with the onions and see how that comes out. I'm definitely making this next week!
    Thanks for the post, been dying to see you get back to blogging the awesome things you guys come up with and/or find! :-)

    ReplyDelete