- This tasty recipe comes from The Food Lovers' Primal Palate.
- I am NOT a fan of carrots, but I stumbled upon this recipe and thought I'd give it a shot. Guess what? Score!
- 2 lbs baby carrots (organic), 1 quart chicken broth (I made the broth with organic Better Than Bouillon chicken base), 3 eggs, 2 tbsp minced onions, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 2 tsp lemon juice (I squeezed 1/2 an organic lemon), 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (I used grade B 100% pure maple syrup)
- Cook/boil the carrots on the stove in the broth until the carrots are soft.
- Strain the carrots to get rid of all the broth then puree. I NINJA'd them.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
- The Food Lover's Primal Palate says to cook in a 2 quart souffle dish. I used 8 6oz souffle/ramekin dishes. Lightly grease your cookware of choice. I didn't grease mine b/c I forgot and they turned out just fine.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes on 350 until center is firm to the touch. I think I cooked mine almost an hour.
**UPDATED RECIPE 26 Feb 12**
- Use 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter (grass fed if possible) instead of 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Use 2 tbsp lemon juice instead of only 2 tsp lemon juice
- Omit the 1/4 cup maple syrup
This no sweetener added update, in my opinion, made it taste even better!!